Saturday, March 23, 2013

The waiting game part 1...

I never imagined what torture it would be to wait to begin ovulating!  And to boot I always thought that I would be one of those relaxed mommy-to-be's.  I think going this route is a very different game than the traditional way of trying at home with your partner and then waiting the 2 weeks to see if AF comes to town.  Yes, this route includes taking your fertility meds to give you the best chance to ovulate and to help your follicles grow big and strong as well as twice daily tests to see if you are having a surge.  Well....I do not like failing tests and it was a long wait until I got my happy face!!  But....I got my happy face this morning and it is time to call the clinic and tell them I am ovulating.

Meanwhile I am doing all this research about what I can and cannot ingest (especially during the first trimester) so I have the best chance of carrying a child to term.  It is scary.  I LOVE my morning tea and I may have to change my daily habits.  In fact, I think it will be easier to give up my beer than my morning warm beverage!  I suppose I should relax and go with the flow....but seriously it is easier said than done.  Now I understand why this process is so stressful for people.




No comments:

Post a Comment