Saturday, March 9, 2013

In preparation for the big day...

In order to relax and have the best chance of this working on the first cycle,  I have been proactive in taking care of myself.  I have been more thoughtful about what I eat.  I have been coming home and spending good quality time in my kitchen cooking healthy macrobiotic meals.  Grains, greens, roots, miso soups, and healthy proteins...and drinking less beer to ease myself into 9 months with no beer  (I really do love my microbrews...a love Chad and I shared together).  I have been taking warm baths and trying to sleep on my back (so my chronic neck and shoulder pain is not an issue), taking yoga several times a week, dancing, seeing my chiropractor and getting P/T (again, for my neck and shoulder) and lastly....but not least...I have been going to acupuncture. I have even talked with my acupuncturist about pre and post IUI acupuncture.   Need to get more info about that...they said it increases your chances of conception by 30%.    I have even downloaded an app on my phone that reminds me throughout the day to BREEEATHE!!!!  Last night I spent a few hours with my lovely niece and nephew which always confirms that this is what I want (even though it is exhausting...they are 18 months old).  I love the cuddles and the snuggles I get from them when I am there...and even the whining to an extent.  I know I won't always appreciate the whining and crying, but I will embrace it and remind myself everyday how lucky I am!

And as my body feels today, I think my normally 24 day cycle may be shorter this month.  Once in awhile my cycle is 21 days (super uncool) and I think this cycle is going to be just that....which means an earlier due date if the first cycle works.  Getting close!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment