Saturday, March 16, 2013

Patience :)

I went in on day 3 of my cycle. U/S showed that I had a small cyst, but not a big deal.   As suspected, my cycle was early.  My acupuncturist gave me the MOST amazing chinese herbs made me able to sleep through the night during AF.  No Pain!!  Stopped taking them though since I am now on a 5 day cycle of Letrozole (aka Femara) and then time to start testing for ovulation. Letrozole is a drug that lowers your estrogen so that your follicles grow and you have a better chance of ovulation.  It is also a breast cancer drug.  Once I get the smiley face for a positive test, IUI will occur in 24-36 hours.   My "donation" is being shipped from California now and should be here in Tuesday (at the clinic).  IUI should happen Friday or Saturday according to the clinic.  I am going to start testing earlier since my cycles have been so short.  Don't want to miss it.  Besides, apparently you can get Ovulation kits at the Dollar Store!!  Crazy!!  Now....just the waiting game.  Tonight is the school fundraiser and I spent the last hour painting my toenails green in honor of St. Patrick's Day.  Will be stopping by my brother and sister-in-laws house for a little party before hand (and to get kisses from my little lovelies).  I have opted not to dress up and just wear something comfortable this evening.  After 11 years of these over-the-top events at my school, I am slightly over it.    I will make my appearance, look at all the loot, see who buys my donation (no, not THAT donation :) and drink a pretend drink (you know so people think you are drinking but you are not).  I plan on drinking a cranberry with spritzer.  I will be there with one of my pregnant friends, so she will be drinking the same :)  Looking to have a low key week and take good care of myself.  I have acupuncture Monday and Wednesday and Yoga on Tuesday.   Spring Break starts on Friday and my sweet students are throwing me a 40th Birthday celebration that day. :)  And I am giving myself the best birthday present ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment