Saturday, January 5, 2013

Venturing Into Single Parenthood of My Own Volition: The Reasoning Behind My Decision.


Is this how I pictured my life? Is this how I dreamed it would happen? No. But this is my new normal.  Like most people, Plan A was to get married and have a family. Life was happening when I was busy making plans. Unfortunately my husband Chad is not here to share this with me. He passed away when I was 36. I am turning 40 in a few months and I told myself after Chad passed away that if I got to this point in my life and was not in a relationship, this would be my new path. Life would not be the same without experience parenthood and it is a dream I have had since childhood.  The time is now.  I have no delusions that this will be easy. I know there will be times that I question my sanity (I watched myself go slowly insane due to lack of sleep as I cared for my dying husband). I know it will be hard... But I know it is possible. There are women in my life that I admire for navigating single parenthood with amazing grace. My friends Tara, Kathy and Amy  to name a few. They will be my inspiration through this process. I am also blessed to have a strong support system that I am sure I will depend upon!! So, let the journey begin!

BTW, SMBC stands for Single Mom by Choice.  But, if you google SMBC, you find Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal.  Funny!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment